Global Labor and Employment Law strategic topics

Employment Documentation Management Globally Companies operating cross border with employees around the world are facing increased challenges to ensure compliance with the various labor and employment law documentation and retention requirements. In the second edition of Global Labor and Employment Law Strategic Topics in 2019, we explore employment documentation management globally.  Global organizations often have … More Global Labor and Employment Law strategic topics

Global Capital Confidence Barometer – 21st Edition

In today’s environment, it appears that the only certainty is uncertainty. The latest EY Capital Confidence Barometer finds executives dealing with numerous interconnected challenges and proactively managing them. The strategic objective is clear — finding growth. But geopolitical risks, the recasting of trade and tariff rules, zigzagging monetary policy, technology and innovation, as well as … More Global Capital Confidence Barometer – 21st Edition

EY Attractiveness Survey Europe – June 2019

EY’s Europe Attractiveness Survey 2019 finds foreign direct investment into Europe declined in 2018 – but a strengthened skills base and infrastructure, especially in digital, will keep it ahead of the game. Although Europe fares well compared with other regions, appetite to invest there has dropped to a seven-year low. A cocktail of economic and … More EY Attractiveness Survey Europe – June 2019

Why alternative legal service providers are on the rise

An interview with Cornelius Grossmann, EY Global Law Leader, and Eric Laughlin, EY Global Legal Managed Services Leader, addressing the use of alternative legal service providers (ALSPs) and new operating models legal departments are considering. Both the EY Law practices and Thomson Reuters Legal Managed Services, prior to its acquisition, conducted surveys that included how … More Why alternative legal service providers are on the rise

EY Asia-Pacific Digital Law Newsletter (4th Edition)

In this edition of the Asia-Pacific Digital Law Newsletter, we explore AI-related legal developments in a number of jurisdictions across the Asia-Pacific. Given both the hype around and potential of AI, we are seeing a few jurisdictions across the region introducing guidance, with some considering ethical frameworks and some new laws (or amendments to existing … More EY Asia-Pacific Digital Law Newsletter (4th Edition)

Are you “Age Ready”? Preparing for Ageism and the Workplace

We are living longer, eating healthier, exercising regularly and enjoying a more active lifestyle into our 80s and beyond. What does this mean for our state-run pension systems? It certainly means that more money will be required to finance people’s retirement for more years than ever imagined. What does this mean in terms of legislation? … More Are you “Age Ready”? Preparing for Ageism and the Workplace

Transaction analytics can reveal insights across the divestment life cycle

According to the EY Global Corporate Divestment Study, the intent to divest remains at record levels – 84% of companies plan to divest within the next two years, consistent with last year’s record of 87%. At the same time, 63% admit they have held onto some assets for too long when they should have been divested. … More Transaction analytics can reveal insights across the divestment life cycle

Platform mergers: Getting the deal through

Big Tech critics are calling for a more rigorous enforcement of competition rules when reviewing platform mergers. In response, European Commission officials seem to be keen to define new legal tests, analytical methods and possibilities for reinterpreting existing rules to review platform mergers. The European Commission’s Chief Competition Economist in a recent presentation specifically referred … More Platform mergers: Getting the deal through

Legal challenges are shaping cyber insurance discussions

The latest EY Global Information Security Survey reveals that only 65% of organizations believe they have cyber insurance that meets their needs. Two recent, significant, legal actions indicate that as cyber threats and their associated risks increase, even the remaining 35% of organizations may not be adequately covered by insurance. The two cases raise a … More Legal challenges are shaping cyber insurance discussions