Now comprising more than 2,000 law practitioners in member or allied firms across 75 countries, EY announces a series of key additions to further consolidate its legal services offering and meet increasing client demand.
Bolstering teams across Europe
Appointments in Europe have strengthened legal services teams across numerous sectors, including Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT), Financial Services and Real Estate.
Oliver Blum now leads the Transaction Law team of Ernst & Young AG in Switzerland, joining from CMS von Erlach Poncet where he led the Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team. Maja Krapf – previously Head of Legal Services at Bühler Group – also joins Ernst & Young AG, bringing 18 years of corporate and commercial experience.
Matthijs Driedonks joins Holland Van Gijzen Advocaten en Notarissen LLP in the Netherlands from Allen & Overy, where he spent nearly 12 years in the Corporate/M&A practice. Driedonks focuses on cross-border and mid-market M&A, private equity and corporate governance.
Former Olswang Partner, Géraldine Roch, now leads the Financial Services team at Ernst & Young Société d’Avocats SELAS in France.
Ivan Sefer joins Vámosi-Nagy Ernst and Young Ügyvédi Iroda in Hungary from CMS Cameron McKenna, bringing experience in cross-border banking M&A and financial services regulation.
And in Spain, Juan Jiménez-Laiglesia – former Managing Partner at DLA Piper in Madrid – brings extensive competition law experience to Ernst & Young Abogados, S.L.P. Francisco Aldavero and Ivan Azinovic also join this practice to lead Corporate M&A and Private Equity, and Real Estate respectively.
Cornelius Grossmann, EY Global Law Leader, says:
“New legislation in response to unprecedented innovation and disruption mean that our clients require more expansive legal services globally. To meet these changing demands we are delighted to welcome such a high caliber of practitioners who value EY’s multidisciplinary approach and international footprint.”
Managing partner appointment in Japan and new practice in Mexico
In Japan, Junzaburo Kiuchi joins as Managing Partner of EY Law Co. A former Freshfields partner with a strong background in M&A and private equity, Kiuchi has more than 17 years of experience as a qualified attorney in Japan and is admitted to the New York Bar.
Three former Baker & McKenzie Partners join Mancera, S.C. in a newly established practice based in Guadalajara, Mexico. Diego González-Aguirre brings extensive experience in labor and employment law, while Edmundo Torres-Barajas and José Miguel Zozayacorrea will focus on M&A among other areas. Rocio Gonzalez Alcantara also joins to lead the Regulatory practice of Mancera, S.C. based in Mexico City.
“These appointments provide the wealth and breadth of experience required to deliver services across multiple sectors and geographies, as we continue to acquire leading talent for our growing teams.”
Other key appointments over the last 12 months
- Australia – Alex Worner brings corporate finance and private equity experience to the Energy sector teams at Ernst & Young Law Pty Limited
- Denmark – At Ernst & Young P/S, Lisa Bo Larsen co-leads the Insolvency and Restructuring practice, and Louise Krarup Simonsen focuses on distressed businesses
- Germany – Stefan Krüger, former Managing Partner at King & Wood Mallesons in Germany, joins Ernst & Young Law GmbH Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft Steuerberatungsgesellschaft as Partner to the TMT practice
- Georgia – George Svanadze leads legal services teams focusing on corporate and commercial law, competition and M&A at EY Georgia LLC
- Hong Kong – Kelly Ho joins EY member firm Lin and Associates to lead the Corporate and Capital Market teams
- Sweden – Christian Johard and Tuula Tallavaara join EY Law AB to focus on M&A and private equity
- UK – Richard Thomas and Paul Devitt join Ernst & Young LLP from Addleshaw Goddard focusing on M&A